返回   Games Animation Forum > GAF區 > 手提遊戲機討論版

回覆

主題工具 顯示模式
舊 02-15-04, 02:00 AM   #1
GimGim
God of Gamer

註冊日期: Jun 2002
文章: 9,033
If DS is unsuccessful, Nintendo will be crushed??

Interview: Hiroshi Yamauchi
If DS is unsuccessful, Nintendo will be crushed, says former NCL president.

February 13, 2004 - The Nihon Keizai Shimbun recently interviewed Nintendo advisor and former company president Hiroshi Yamauchi, who had many things to say about the future of the videogame industry and how Nintendo will succeed or fail. We've provided some highlights below:

Yamauchi reiterated his longstanding belief that the videogame industry is moving in the wrong direction, but added that it's approaching a critical point. "I have been saying this for some time, but customers are not interested in grand games with higher-quality graphics and sound and epic stories," he said. "Cutting-edge technologies and multiple functions do not necessarily lead to more fun. The excessively hardware-oriented way of thinking is totally wrong, but manufacturers are just throwing money at developing higher-performance hardware."
Yamauchi told the paper that in a move to oppose the "bigger is better" mentality he thought up the idea of the Nintendo DS, a dual-screened portable device set to be shown at E3 2004 in May.

The former NCL president dismissed the quick arrival of a next-generation console. "Nintendo has no plans to release a so-called 'next-generation' videogame console at the next year's Electronic Entertainment Expo in Las Vegas. We will rather make a new proposal that uses the GameCube at its core," he said. "Only people who do not know the videogame business would advocate the release of next-generation machines when people are not interested in cutting-edge technologies." Yamauchi added that Nintendo's leadership shares his view of the business.

The executive said that Nintendo will "give [its] all" to promote the Nintendo DS. He conceded that the device may not immediately overwhelm audiences, but that he hopes it will help ring in a new era, which may revitalize the games industry. "If we are unsuccessful with the Nintendo DS, we may not go bankrupt, but we will be crushed. The next two years will be a really crucial time for Nintendo."

Source: Nikkei Business Daily/IGN
http://cube.ign.com/articles/492/492253p1.html

舊 02-15-04, 02:04 AM   #2
GimGim
God of Gamer

註冊日期: Jun 2002
文章: 9,033
Interview: Satoru Iwata
Says that a higher performance machine is not the answer.

February 13, 2004 - The Nihon Keizai Shimbun recently interviewed Nintendo Co. Ltd. president Satoru Iwata, who talked about the company's plans for the immediate future, how it has taken to studying Internet feedback to gauge trends, why he's still not convinced of the online model and more. Here are some highlights from the interview:

Iwata told the paper that the price cut of Nintendo's home console GameCube to $99.99 helped the company overtake Sony in sales at one point. He said that overall sales of the console in North America and Europe have "been going as we intended," but that the company is "having a hard time reading the Japanese market." He added that strong sales last year proved that GameCube is far from a dead platform.
The Nintendo president said that one of the firm's long-term goals is to increase its customer base. "The development of the Nintendo DS, which features a unique videogame experience, is one of our attempts at it," he said.

In addition, Nintendo has started to study customer responses on the Internet, Iwata explained and added: "My predecessor was a genius at sensing what people want, but I want to take a more scientific approach to read customer needs."

Quizzed by the paper on Nintendo's next-generation console, Iwata replied: "I do not believe releasing a higher performance machine is the solution. Our hardware development team is thinking about the next move, but I cannot tell you about it."

Iwata continued to criticize the online business model. "Many people believe that online games are the next big thing. But I wonder how much revenues Microsoft and Sony have made from online games," he said and added, "I don't think the current online games have adopted the right business model, and people will not pay money for them."

Iwata did note, however, that Nintendo would continue to explore networked videogames. "For example, we may think about using wireless communications to enhance the enjoyment of a videogame."

Source: Nikkei Business Daily/IGN
http://cube.ign.com/articles/492/492280p1.html

舊 02-15-04, 02:27 AM   #3
Game Master

註冊日期: May 2002
文章: 2,205
i think they're just trying to draw people's attention away from Sony's PSP.

663 目前離線   回覆時引用此篇文章
舊 02-15-04, 04:15 PM   #4
Game Master

註冊日期: May 2002
文章: 2,205
Game Creators Discuss the Nintendo DS

Thanks to Famitsu (via game-science.com), we have a number of very interesting quotes regarding Nintendo's upcoming DS portable. Also, in general, a survey conducted by Famitsu indicated that 93.3% of game makers have high hopes for the DS, with 64.4% of retailers and 62.2% of users are in agreement. Furthermore, 10% of game makers are already sold on the DS, 33.3% are staying clear of the hardware for now, and 56.7% are currently looking into its potential.

From the comments below, you'll see that many of the game makers are surprisingly quite positive. In fact, Yuji Naka of Sega's Sonic Team already plans of having something ready for the launch of the DS. And Amusement Vision's Nagoshi believes the DS "should allow the birth of a whole host of new ideas and play experiences that haven't existed before." If that doesn't get us more interested in Nintendo's idea, then what will?

Atlus' Okada:
-with 2 screens and 2 CPUs, I feel we can start to create new game concepts
-whether we can turn these new ideas into reality is the key for the industry

Koei's Shibuzawa:
-I think we can make an interesting game with one screen for the large-scale battle with the other screen focusing on a local battle, in historical strategy games, and so on.

Camelot's Hiroyuki Takahashi:
-I've been a Nintendo fan for a long time. I want to say that, inspite of me not being good at the games.
-In a game industry that is feeling more and more penned in, this should create a few openings.

Camelot's Shugo Takahashi
-It looks like we can make new things that have been impossible until now
-It's exciting hardware for both makers and users
-I'm definitely going to E3!

Namco's Yoshizumi:
-When I first heard it would have 2 screens, I thought it was a Game & Watch remake, but on further inspection I found it is different
-I'm excited by it, and I also have an overwhelming feeling
-As a creator, I'm being asked for ideas
-I think the hardware will be very good at creating intense feelings

Masahiro Sakurai:
-It has become a constant point of discussion when we creators meet for drinks
-Easy to use hardware is great

Banpresto's Terada:
-A machine with two screens is going to be quite a high hurdle for developers to get over, I think
-Because the handheld market is so important for the "Super Robot Wars" series, we are thinking of ways to put something out as soon as possible
-Being released with the PSP, I want this to stir up the handheld industry

Sonic Team's Yuji Naka:
-We've been waiting for this! We'll be sure to try out something new with this
-We would definitely like to release something for the launch

Amusement Vision's Nagoshi:
-The first time I saw it, I thought "?", then when reading the specs, that turned into "!"
-This is a machine that will stimulate both the users' and the creators' desire to play
-It should allow the birth of a whole host of new ideas and play experiences that haven't existed before

Chunsoft's Nakamura
-It looks like this may resolve all the hardship we have had until now in one swift blow
-The roots of gaming are returning and it looks like they will put up a good fight

Tetsuya Mizuguchi
-Having two separately functioning screens suits the time perfectly - with users becoming increasingly multi-tasking
-I expect this will also lead to the possibility of improving people's brains
-I'll be keeping my eye on it!

http://wireless.gamerfeed.com/gf/news/5470/

663 目前離線   回覆時引用此篇文章
舊 02-15-04, 04:36 PM   #5
thom
Ultimate Gamer

註冊日期: Dec 2001
文章: 4,480
好多廠方現時對DS的評價都係正面的,DS前景唔錯嘛
thom 目前離線   回覆時引用此篇文章
回覆

主題工具
顯示模式

論壇跳轉

相似的主題
主題 主題作者 版面 回覆 最後發表
[NDS]任天堂 「二画面」新手提遊戲機 "NINTENDO D.S." steve 手提遊戲機討論版 110 03-08-04 12:36 PM
Nintendo at the crossroads Janus 電視遊戲討論版 2 02-06-04 11:23 PM
[GC]美版GC大作預定發售日期(BH4,Pikmin2,Super Monkey Ball3,Killer 7) 神祕人1號 電視遊戲討論版 14 02-06-04 02:03 PM
PSP or Nintendo DS ? GimGim 手提遊戲機討論版 39 02-03-04 09:44 PM
[GC]歐美 Nintendo Culb開始,一樣分三個級 神祕人1號 電視遊戲討論版 2 12-13-03 12:41 AM

現在的時間是 05:47 AM

手機版 | APP版